Friday, August 12, 2011

Keys to My Kingdom

I got the idea for this from the cross stitch design from Rosewood Manor called Keys to the Kingdom. I hope to one day stitch that and have it hang beside this piece. Someday......


I took a 12 x 12 canvas and covered it with burlap.

I used Modge Podge on the front and then stapled the fabric on the back.

I then looked for old keys at antique stores and found they were $5-$10 a piece. Luckily, I found these keys in the scrapbook section at AC Moore. $5 a package and they are metal.

I then positioned the keys and used E6000 to attach them to the burlap.

Here is the finished piece.


Maybe someday I'll get the cross stitch piece done, but then again I have a whole drawer of finished pieces that need to be framed, turned into ornaments etc.


0 comments:

Post a Comment