Monday, July 18, 2011

My New Secret to Great Deviled Eggs

When you have chickens, deviled eggs are always a super easy thing to take to a party or make when we're having people over. Last weekend I had what I thought was my own brilliant idea to use cream cheese instead of mayonnaise for the filling. So used used the yolks, 8 oz. of cream cheese, garlic salt pepper and 1 tablespoon of Old Bay. The centers ended up being much firmer and much easier to pipe out of a piping bag.

I then put the eggs in this great new carrier I got at Walmart.

After the weekend we went back home and I found these great http://www.loveofcooking.com/news/simply-deviled-eggs-5-new-recipes/ for deviled eggs that includes cream cheese as an ingredient. So it was a brilliant idea, just one I'd already seen in a magazine.

0 comments:

Post a Comment