Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Frankly, Miss Scarlett

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas. Some of the first ornaments I put out every year are my Gone with the Wind ornaments. Gone with the Wind is my favorite book and movie.
The box that holds the ornaments are actually old post office boxes. Our property once had an old country store that served as the local post office for our area. The store was burned about 10 years ago. But as luck would have it, someone had put the mailboxes out in the chicken coop years ago to serve as nest boxes for the chickens. My dad took the boxes, cleaned them up, fixed any holes and sealed the wood. It makes the perfect display for ornaments. And this year I filled the last box with this year's ornament.
I hope you enjoy the first look at my holiday decor. I'll share more each day.

0 comments:

Post a Comment