Thursday, March 24, 2011

A Different Take on the Monogrammed Canvas

I know you have seen a million mongrams but hopefully this one is a little bit different.

You will need a canvas, spray paint, a template for your monogram and some sandpaper. My template was chipboard and I just punched out all the H's.

So spraypaint your canvas. I chose a dark brown.

Let that dry and then tape your template onto the canvas.

You can then spraypaint or hand paint your letters.

Let that dry. I then sanded the canvas to give it a worn look.

To add a little something extra, I glittered one of the chipboard letters and hot glued it to the finished canvas. I always use Martha Stewart glitter. It has extra sparkle and comes in mayn great colors.

A fairly simple and inexpensive project.

Please check out the rest of my blog. I have a great giveaway from The Pink Monogram posted here.




The DIY Show Off

Sumo Sweet Stuff


12 comments:

Holly Lefevre said...

That is cute...and I love it because it is an H!

Carol, The Answer Is Chocolate said...

Very cute idea. I saw this over @ Whipperberry. Cute blog you have so I think I'll follow! Come visit if you get a chance http://answerischocolate.blogspot.com/

liberal sprinkles said...

What a great idea, I love that it's simple to do as well. Thanks for sharing! I'm visiting from Girl Creative. have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

That's really cute!

I always use Martha glitter too. It's the best I've found.

Megan Gunyan said...

too cute! I love it. The martha glitter is wonderful. I hoard that stuff! ;)

Libby said...

I love this and am going to "borrow" your idea! All of my children's names begin with H. I never would have thought of using a single letter for a subway style sign, but I love it! Great idea!

The Creative Chickadee said...

Saw you on DIY showoff. Very cute!!

Kelly

Beth@The Stories of A to Z said...

So cute! Love it in the future if you'd add my button when you link up. Thanks!

Mandy Beyeler said...

Thanks for linking up to Take-A-Look Tuesday over on Sugar Bee Crafts - I featured you today! Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

Pearl Maple said...

Nicely done, a very creative take on monograms and you can't go wrong with a touch of glitter

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Love this idea! I found you at UBP and one of your newest followers. Happy hopping!

Post a Comment