Friday, March 18, 2011

Moss Monogram Buffet Display

Although our house is well over 100 years old, we don't have a mantle.

If you want to recreate this project, you wil need:
A frame
Some Ribbon
A wooden or chipboard letter
Moss




This is a very messy project. Cut the moss sheet out in the shape of the letter. Leave the edges wide enough to pull to the back of the letter. Start gluing.


I attached ribbon to theletter to hang it from the frame. I then put a beautiful glittered handmade paper in the frame and hung the frame with ribbon as well.



I had some extra moss and some styrofoam balls. So I decided to add to the display.



I love this vase and the hydrangea balls are left from my cousin's bridal shower. I finally found something to do with them



So here is the whole display.




Tickled Pink at 504 Main

href="http://www.alittleknickknack.blogspot.com" target="_blank"Photobucket

linkparty

monogram





6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this! I will have to try it. I have seen moss letter, but I like the frame idea a lot! New follower from Bliss Images and Beyond. Would love if you would visit and perhaps follow back! :-)

Megan Gunyan said...

Very cute. Did you make the paper? Moss is very messy but the outcome is worth it! Great job.

Diapers and Divas said...

So great! I'm actually doing a woodland themed party for my little guy's 1st b-day and this is going to be a great decoration with his initial! Thanks for the great idea!

Brandy J. said...

I just found your blog and am your newest follower. Your display is fabulous. Thanks for creating such a great blog and thanks for the crafty inspiration.

Donna@My Sweet Things said...

I love the display, especially the moss monogram. I made recently made monogram art as well but not with moss. I love the look!

Love Sweet Love said...

Love, Love, Love this! I've been looking to add a little green to my space and I think this will be perfect! Definitely your newest follower!

Post a Comment